Point of Beginning, Inc. provides affordable, accurate, and professional surveying services to residents throughout Wisconsin. Services you may be interested in include:
- Plat of Survey - This is where we come out to your property, mark your lot lines, and generate a map showing the exact outline of your property and any buildings on your lot.
- Certified Survey Map - Similar to a plat of survey, we mark lot lines and generate a map as above, but we also go one step further and register this map with your local governmental entity. Certified survey maps are necessary whenever you are considering a lot split.
- Floodplain Survey - This surveying service will generate documentation proving that your property is or is not within a floodplain. This can be of great assistance in obtaining necessary insurance coverage for your property or proving to your mortgage lender that obtaining floodplain insurance is not necessary for your property, saving you money.
Why should you get your property surveyed?
- Be certain what is your property and what belongs to your neighbor. When you make landscape or structural changes on your property such as rebuilding a garage, adding a fence, or adding an addition to your home, you may face boundary issues and property setback regulations. It is much less costly for you to know where your boundaries are before you begin any of this work instead of halfway through it or years after the work is finished and you are required to move it.
- Your property may not be as it seems. Due to faulty assumptions that prior owners of your property or properties adjacent to yours have made, it may appear that your lot is larger or smaller than it actually is. Knowing the true boundaries of your lot is very useful when negotiating a fair offer price or selling price.
Why choose Point of Beginning, Inc. over other surveying companies?
- We are competitively priced and will give you the best value for your money.
- We are committed to providing you with accurate, professional surveying services. Should we make any errors in the services we provide to you, we are covered by a $2,000,000.00 errors and omissions policy. We will back up all our work.
- We have eight survey crews available, so we can usually dispatch a survey crew to your site within a few days.
- We have a very experienced staff of surveyors. Point of Beginning, Inc. was founded in 2001, but our registered land surveyors have over nineteen years experience serving residents throughout Wisconsin.